We have many opportunities to get involved with ASC as a volunteer. Our volunteers serve an important role in helping us achieve our mission to be an interactive science-learning center where families can laugh and learn together. If you choose to volunteer at ASC, we can promise you will have fun, learn and make a difference in the lives of countless children. We look forward to working with you!
Adventure Science Center provides you the chance to:
- Gain work skills and experience
- Enhance your resume or college application
- Develop friendships with other volunteers, staff members and visitors
- Meet tourists from across the country and learn from them
- Receive self-satisfaction from knowing your help is appreciated
Volunteer positions include:
Discovery Docent -- Discovery Docents are trained by ASC science educators to add value to our guests’ experiences by presenting Discovery Cart programs or by facilitating the use of exhibits throughout the science center. These programs add information and excitement to our guests’ visit and take the experience to the next level of education and fun.
Public Programs -- Bring science to life for visitors with simple, fun science demonstrations.
Phone Operator -- Answer basic questions and directing calls appropriately.
Guest Services -- Greet guests, answer questions and encourage visitors to become members.
Birthday Party -- Assist with preparations and execution of on-site birthday parties.
School Orientation -- Greet school groups, explain center rules and escort groups to their programs!
Special Events -- Help with any of our many special public events in a wide variety of roles.
Fundraising/ Development -- Assist in the planning or execution of fundraising events and other activities.
Administration -- Go behind the scenes and help with the daily office functions of ASC.
1. Download and complete an application and reference form:
Adult Volunteer Application
Youth Volunteer Application
2. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule an interview.